The LDA works hard to protect local dentists, as well as provide benefits only available through the ADA / LDA. A few benefits:
- Read, lobby, and represent all dentists to the legislature - resulting in tax breaks, increased access to care for patients, and keeping insurance companies from running the dental industry.
- Non-covered services legislation preventing dental insurance carriers from capping fees on non-covered services.
- Defeated "Red Flag" rule and 1099 requirement, saving every typical practice about $2,000 per year.
- Fighting to reinstate sales tax exemptions for dental supplies at both the state and local levels.
- Fundraises and supports the LSU School of Dentistry. This is very important to maintaining the legacy of dentists in our state.
- Funding for dental residency programs and the dental hygiene program.
- Helps support remote hygiene school in Lafayette.
- Funds equipment for LSUSD clinics.
- Negotiate with Medicaid and other insurance companies to increase participation in programs for underserved residents.
- Higher reimbursement rates for dental Medicaid.
- Freedom of choice laws - patient's insurance pays the same rates whether in or out of network.
- Founded the Louisiana Dental Services committee, that evaluates products and negotiates pricing for LDA members only. This includes vendors such as DRB, Fortress, Best Card, and Office Depot.
- Over 20 high-quality products and services endorsed to save you money every time you use the company.
- Aids doctors in natural disasters such as Katrina in 2005 and historic flooding in South Louisiana in 2016 through grants.
- Keeps dentists informed with the LDA Journal and website.
- Provides opportunities to give back to the community through LaMOM, Donated Dental Services, and Give Kids A Smile.
- Provides continuing education opportunities for licensure maintenance at a discounted rate for members.
- Legal expertise in deciphering and analyzing dental plan provider contracts and dental management service contracts.
- Peer review service to provide mediation instead of a huge litigation expense. This service is FREE for LDA members.
- Many, many more services offered through the ADA.
JOIN THE ADA, LDA, AND NWLDA TO RECEIVE ALL BENEFITS!
After an application is made to either the ADA or LDA, our local component will reach out to you to attend one of our meetings, where we will vote to to admit you into the society.
Already a Member?
Pay Dues Throughout The Year
Our local component currently does not handle membership. The LDA Director of Membership is happy to assist you join! Call or email Sharon Elliott at (225) 926-1986 or firstname.lastname@example.org